Quick Driving Directions to Space View Park in Titusville
"The front row of the balcony for a rocket launch" - Ozzie
The ICON launch will not be visible from shore. It is being air-launched from a modified L-1011 airliner 100 miles from shore. It can be seen on NASA TV.
- Find your way to the Eastbound routes of State Route 528, SR-50, or SR-46 to Interstate 95.
- Drivers on SR-528, the Beach-Line Expressway, need the left lane exit to SR-407 to I-95 North.
- Drivers on SR-50 need to turn onto I-95 North.
- Drivers from SR-46 drive I-95 South.
- Take I-95 to Exit 220 at State Road 406. This is the exit for the Canaveral National Seashore, Historic Downtown Titusville, and the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Take SR-406 (Garden St to the locals) East 2 miles.
- Don't just pass by the local "fast food" outlets you find on SR-406 - pick up a "Fast Food Picnic" to enjoy while waiting for the launch. (there is Burger King, KFC and 7-Eleven in walking distance of the park)
- Cross US-1, then get into the right-turn lane just past the Bait Shop.
- Turn Right into Indian River Ave. You'll see the Apollo Monument on your right, and on your left will be a Wells Fargo Bank.
- Turn left into Broad St
- If the Street parking on the left is full, there's lots of parking along Broad St between US-1 and Indian River Ave. Parking behind the Wells Fargo Bank on your right now costs $20, but supports the American Space Museum a few blocks away.
- The Mercury section of the park, where Launch Audio is provided, is on Broad St at the Indian River.
- Until hurricane damage to Space View Park is repaired, launch audio is provided in the co-located Veterans Memorial Park at the foot of Broad St at the Indian River.
- Bringing lawn chairs or beach towels for sitting on is recommended.
Tap 1 for Current Launch Status.
Send Feedback on this page to: Ozzie@SpaceLaunchInfo.Com. Thank you.
Counter reset on 2015-04-19